Do it right the first time!
I’ve seen a trend in the last couple of months: clients who have gone somewhere else for their professional headshot are disappointed with the results, because the images do not capture their authentic brand. For busy professionals and executives, it’s not about the money as much as it is about the time. Many of us are stretched for time. We work too many hours, have too little time with family, don’t get enough sleep and squeeze in exercise when we can. Sound familiar?
- Do you specialize in headshots?
- How many headshot sessions do you do in a year?
- Is this a full-time business or is this a part-time hobby?
- Do you have a studio with professional lighting?
- What is your experience in working with professionals and executives?
- Do you take appointments at times that are convenient for my schedule?
- What is your experience in business and personal branding?
- Do you provide wardrobe advice with a trained wardrobe consultant and professional makeup?
- Do you take major credit cards?
When searching for a headshot photographer, ask these important questions before you book a session, so you don’t waste your valuable time. Your professional image and brand is something that you should guard carefully and get it right the first time.
Someone recently said to me, “So it’s apparent that your clients go through a major makeover before coming in for their headshot.” Nope! You don’t need a full makeover to get a good headshot. You just need a skilled headshot photographer to make it look like you got a makeover.
Below are real examples of two clients who agreed to share their headshots that were taken elsewhere before they came to our studio. Thank you, Greg and Rudy, for graciously allowing us to show your before pictures and the results of our work together in capturing your professional brand.